"Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q3 2014" Published
Fast Market Research recommends "Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q3 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
[UKPRwire, Tue Aug 05 2014] Despite the relative small size of the individual Caribbean markets, they are drawing a lot of interest from third parties, with a number of opportunities arising in the Bahamas and Trinidad & Tobago for additional players. As with the sale of Orange Dominicana in November 2013, these markets are attracting interest from a number of players, despite the existence of incumbent operators and highly penetrated mobile markets. This is likely because growth in mobile broadband is continuing at double digit levels, with small geographic islands ideal for deploying network infrastructure with access to submarine cables. Digicel 's Cayman Islands operations completed its rollout of 4G LTE this quarter and we expect to see strong uptake in the service due the country's higher spending power. Even Cuba, where mobile penetration and mobile internet services are limited is seeing excessive demand for its basic mobile email service launched earlier in 2014. ETECSA is having to expand its network in order to deal with the increased demand, with more mobile internet services expected throughout the year. This will be the main driver of operator revenues in the region over our five-year forecast period.
Full Report Details at
* The Dominican Republic mobile market lost 66,000 subscriptions in Q413, a decline of 0.7% q-o-q. The market has shown signs of fluctuations over the last two years, although postpaid accounts continue to steadily grow.
* LIME in Jamaica added 140,000 subscriptions in the 100 days since the launch of its Talk EZ value tariff, a new record for the company.
* Cayman Islands has the highest mobile penetration at over 160%, while Cuba's penetration rate remained below 20%.
* The Telecommunications Unit of Barbados released figures for the 2013 year, in the mobile sector, there have been instances of net declines in the market, particularly in 2013, with losses of over 40,000 subscriptions. At the end of 2013, there were 307,708 mobile...
The Caribbean Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba, Haiti, Martinique, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- China Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Croatia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Report Q3 2014