"Belgium Telecommunications Report Q2 2015" now available at Fast Market Research
New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Belgium Telecommunications Report Q2 2015"
[UKPRwire, Fri Feb 27 2015] Better than expected growth in the mobile market and higher usage of operator-billed services were seen in the third quarter of 2014. In part, this was due to an intensification of price competition and the withdrawal of a number of MVNOs, allowing key players to deepen their influence over the market. The rollout of 4G services also played a key part in this more buoyant growth story. Nevertheless, the cold truth is that the market is now highly saturated and there are few organic growth opportunities left for the remaining players to tap. Convergence-led strategies provide one lifeline, but only Proximus can directly benefit as Mobistar has yet to relaunch its TV-led wireline business and BASE has withdrawn its TV offer and scales back its wireline offering. These developments are reflected in our revised forecasts for the Belgian telecoms market, which have now been extended through to 2019 .
* The number of mobile subscriptions will rise from 13.023mn in 2014 to 13.795mn by the end of 2018, representing a penetration rate of 121.8%. A large number of inactive accounts are still retained by operators and the downside risk to our forecast is that periodic purges of inactive accounts could show that the market is actually much smaller than official data imply.
* Mobile ARPUs were buoyed in Q314 as the emphasis moved to postpaid services and a number of MVNO customers transferred to the MNOs. Mobile termination rate (MTR) cuts still weigh on ARPUs, but to a lesser extent than before. The deployment of higher value 4G plans also mitigates against a steep decline in ARPU, which we forecast to fall from EUR20.5 in 2014 to EUR20.1 by 2019.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends And Developments
The regulator has redeployed spare 3G spectrum among Proximus, Mobistar and BASE after fourth licensee Telenet Tecteo BidCo abandoned plans to build and launch its own network. The additional spectrum will help all three companies deepen their mobile broadband...
The Belgium Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Belgium's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Belgium Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Belgium.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q2 2015