Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q4 2014 - New Market Study Published
New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Wed Sep 17 2014] Switzerland's relative economic wealth has driven investment by operators in infrastructure, with the incumbent Swisscom investing in fibre and launching LTE in 2012. The competition has also been investing in LTE, with all three mobile network operators offering commercial services since June 2013. High capital expenditure into new infrastructure and increasing competition for data services will be eroding the profit margins for all main operators in short-term, but we still expect the market to expand until the end of the forecast. Meanwhile, fixed-line telephony services will continue to be displaced by more modern IP alternatives.
Full Report Details at
* Smartphone ownership has proliferated rapidly in Switzerland, with Orange reporting smartphone penetration reached 67% in its subscription base by the end of 2013.
* ARPU levels continued to decline in Q114 with Swisscom recording 2.56%, Orange 27% and Sunrise 4.61% drop quarter-on-quarter (q-o-q). This was primarily attributed to a fall in mobile telephony prices in 2013.
* The OECD released data for dedicated mobile subscription penetration at the end of 2012, showing growth was slightly below our forecast. We believe this is likely the result of customers deferring subscriptions as they wait for LTE services to become more widely available.
Key Trends And Developments
Albeit the net number of subscribers in Q114 increased, only Swisscom was able to post year-on-year (y-o-y) revenue gains. Sunrise's acquisition of Lebara Mobile and Ortel in 2013, and investments into new LTE and LTE-A networks is fast eroding network operator's profit margins. The Swiss telecommunication market is getting increasingly more segregated, but 3G and 4G services with internet capacity offer scope for growth. All network providers are putting efforts into expanding LTE networks to compete for data services, but high CAPEX commitments and decreasing prices as a result of higher competition could result in fall of ARPU and...
The Switzerland Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Switzerland's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Switzerland Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Switzerland.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q4 2014