Now Available: United Kingdom Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "United Kingdom Telecommunications Report Q1 2015"
[UKPRwire, Mon Feb 23 2015] Although the UK mobile market lags behind some of its regional peers in terms of mobile penetration, BMI does not believe there's much scope for further growth. The maturity the UK market has diminished opportunities for organic subscription growth, and operator strategies reflect this by increasingly focusing on value generation from high value postp aid subscriptions focussing on LTE, as well as VAS such as mobile advertising and payments. Meanwhile, in the fixed broadband sector, operators continue to target the converged services market through the provision of triple- and quad-play packages.
* Based on operator data, the UK mobile market reached a total of 77.593mn mobiles subscriptions at the end of June 2014, up by 1% y-o-y. Regulator data shows 83.84mn subscribers at the end of June 2014.Smartphone penetration has continued to rise, with operator data showing it reached around 55% by the end of 2013, creating opportunities for operators to market VAS.
* The residential and small business fixed broadband market climbed by 4.3% in 2013, to 22.6mn subscriptions, with a bias towards higher speed technologies such as cable and fibre, according to data from the telecoms regulator Ofcom.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends And Developments
The refinement of operator LTE strategies was again the dominant theme in the UK telecoms market in the past quarter. The most notable developments were from the smallest operator Three, which signed a deal with LTE-first mover Everything Everywhere (EE) to share LTE network infrastructure. The deal, worth GBP1bn, was signed in February 2014 and is passive, meaning the companies will share mast infrastructure and backhaul transmission, but antennas and base stations are company-owned and maintained. This will allow the two companies to maintain differentiated services. Operators are competing with each other to broaden the reach of their services as LTE uptake outperforms expectations, with EE reported 2mn LTE...
The United Kingdom Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of United Kingdom's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's United Kingdom Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in United Kingdom.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- United States Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- United Kingdom Agribusiness Report Q1 2015
- United Kingdom Country Risk Report Q2 2015
- United Kingdom Information Technology Report Q1 2015