Now Available: Russia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
Fast Market Research recommends "Russia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
[UKPRwire, Fri Aug 15 2014] Russia's telecoms market is increasingly showing signs of consolidation among the largest four operators and the smaller regional players. As penetration has reached around 170% in the mobile market as of Q114, this allows the major operators to continue to grow subscriber bases where organic growth opportunities are beginning to become saturated. The fixed-line segment is declining at a slower rate than in neighbouring markets and the broadband market has expanded rapidly. Healthy competition and the demand for coverage provide good growth opportunities.
* The mobile market saw an overall net decline of 1.34mn subscribers in Q114, a further sign of slowing growth compared to the 90,000 loss in Q113.
* The latest data release from AC&M Consulting shows there were 23.2mn wireline broadband subscriptions at mid-2013, up by 14.2% y-o-y, as the penetration rate reached 16.5%.
* FTTx subscriptions increased to 3.51mn at the end of September 2013, from 2.51mn a year earlier. Russian pay-TV subscriber base grew by 2% in Q114, totalling 35mn. Penetration of pay-TV services reached 64% during this time, with the seven largest operators accounting for 80% of the market.
* According to MTS' estimates, the market for M2M exceeded 4.8mn SIM cards at the end of 2013, representing about 2% of subscriptions in the Russian mobile market.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends And Developments
Rostelecom has completed the first stage of its deal to form a joint venture (JV) with Tele2 Russia in April 2014. The JV will be named as T2 RTK Holding. Under the first stage, Rostelecom has provided the share of its mobile subsidiaries to the venture, with debt obligations of RUB37bn (USD1.03bn) have also been transferred to the JV. The second stage, which will require transferring all of Rostelecom's integrated mobile assets to the JV, is expected to be completed by the end of 2014.
In April 2014, Megafon completed the integration of Scartel and Yota, which it purchased back in...
The Russia Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Russia's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Russia Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Russia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- China Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Croatia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q3 2014