Now Available: Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Mon Sep 08 2014] The Philippines telecoms market is largely a two-horse race dominated by incumbent Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT) - which owns 63.4% subscription share - and Globe Telecom - with 36.6% share of the mobile market in Q114. A new entrant - media conglomerate ABS-CBN Corporation -launched its MVNO service under the ABS-CBNmobile brand in December 2013 using the network infrastructure of Globe Telecom. Despite the new competition, BMI believes market dynamics is likely to remain in favour of PLDT and Globe Telecom given their strong brand and unassailable scale, which make it hard for new entrants to compete effectively.
* Strong mobile subscription growth continued in Q114, reaching a subscription base of 111.2mn, a 4.1% y-o-y growth. We now expect a total of 130.721mn mobile subscriptions by YE18.
* The number of fixed-line subscribers could be experiencing a sustained period of contraction due to mobile substitution. We forecast 2.64mn subscribers by YE18, representing a 2.5% penetration rate.
* Despite the mobile market effectively being a duopoly, mobile ARPUs continue to trend lower. Without a concerted effort to move towards higher revenue-generating products and subscribers, operator ARPU will continue to fall.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends And Developments
In March 2014, one of the major international undersea cable systems in the region -- the Asia Pacific Cable Network (APCN) -- suffered two brief breaks in the areas between Taiwan-Japan and China-Korea. This has impacted on telecoms traffic in a large area of the Asia Pacific region, including the Philippines, slowing down internet and data services. Reparation work was completed in April 2014.
In March 2014, PLDT pledged to achieve a 50% 4G-coverage rate by the end of 2014 through the expansion of its LTE network to all major cities in the Philippines. PLDT also announced its intent to raise its fibre network coverage to 90,000km, from 78,000km. Previously, the firm has...
The Philippines Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Philippines's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Philippines Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Philippines.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q4 2014