New market study, "Philippines Telecommunications Report Q2 2015", has been published
Fast Market Research recommends "Philippines Telecommunications Report Q2 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
[UKPRwire, Wed Feb 18 2015] Relatively low penetration and increasing GDP per capita will give impetus for mobile market growth in the Philippines. BMI believes that mobile growth will average 3.5% over 2015-2018. A new entrant - media conglomerate ABS-CBN Corporation - launched its mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) service under the ABS-CBNmobile brand in December 2013 using the network infrastructure of Globe Telecom. Despite the new competition, BMI believes market dynamics are likely to remain in favour of the incumbents, Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT) and Globe Telecom, given their strong brand and unassailable scale, which make it hard for new entrants to compete effectively. A r ise in public Wi-Fi spots is likely to add growth to the broadband services.
Full Report Details at
* Strong mobile subscription growth continued in Q214, reaching a subscription base of 111.9mn, a 2.2% year-on-year growth rate. We now expect a total of 132.034mn mobile subscriptions by the end of our forecast period to 2019.
* The number of fixed-line subscribers could be experiencing a sustained period of contraction due to mobile substitution. We forecast 2.11mn subscribers by 2019, representing a 1.9% penetration rate.
* Despite the mobile market effectively being a duopoly, mobile average revenue per user (ARPU) continues to trend lower. Without a concerted effort to move towards higher revenue-generating products and subscribers, operator ARPU will continue to fall.
Key Trends And Developments
The MVNOs are unlikely to be able to challenge the position of dominant operators PLDT and Globe. Approval of a contentious spectrum-sharing deal between Globe and BayanTel ensures that the mobile market duopoly will persist. Although Globe will be able to compete more effectively with PLDT in the converged services market, we do not expect much price competition moving forward.
Expansion of the free public Wi-Fi network provides upside for sales of consumer...
The Philippines Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Philippines's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Philippines Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Philippines.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q2 2015