New Report Available: Italy Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Tue Sep 02 2014] Although we have secured new fixed-line and broadband market data from the regulator - which show acceleration in fixed-line losses, amongst other things - new data was not forthcoming from some of the mobile operators. However, preliminary data from Vodafone suggest a resurgence in subscription additions and we have amended our forecasts accordingly. That said, a softening in the MVNO market and expectations that 3 Italia will absorb rival WIND indicate that there is little organic growth to be obtained in the mobile market. Rather, operators must focus more on premium non-voice services for revenue growth and to justify investments in next-generation access infrastructure.
Full Report Details at
* Mobile average revenue per user continues to decline as a result of falling voice usage, the introduction of cheaper tariffs (with free calling and messaging offered as an incentive) and cuts to termination rates all conspiring to erode revenue.
* Uptake of 3G subscriptions remains robust even in a difficult economic climate as consumer demand for smartphones drove growth.
* The dedicated mobile broadband market continues to expand rapidly. Accordingly, we forecast continued growth in total broadband subscriptions for the duration of our forecast to 2018, but growth will be limited by saturation in the fixed-line broadband segment.
* The MVNO market maintained an uptrend in 2013, and the proportion of MVNO subscriptions gained further ground over the year. However, the close of Bip Mobile in January 2014, and the movement of larger MVNOs to different host networks suggests that this market is under considerable pressure.
Key Trends And Developments
While the Italian government maintains its stance that it will only allow increased foreign investment in Telecom Italia if it is absolutely necessary and makes business sense, investors are now looking to Vodafone and 3 Italia to kick-start the long-awaited consolidation process in Italy's mature and...
The Italy Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Italy's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Italy Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Italy.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Taiwan Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Vietnam Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- China Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Croatia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014