New Market Research Report: India Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Wed Jan 14 2015] Despite the huge investment opportunities posed by the lack of adequate broadband infrastructure in metropolitan markets and basic services in rural areas, the Indian telecoms market is challenging for new and established players alike. The fluid regulatory regime is open to highly variable interpretation by the government, the regulators and the most influential businesses while the fragmented nature of the mobile and wireline markets - caused by the imposition of a regional licensing scheme - means that investment has largely targeted the most affluent areas of the country and bypassed large numbers of rural consumers. In an effort to justify investment in mobile and broadband infrastructures, operators have resorted to intense price competition to win and retain consumers. This is not sustainable over the long term.
Full Report Details at
* By September 2014, the Indian mobile subscriber base rose to 920mn subscribers; we forecast 941.2mn subscribers by the end of 2014 and 1.084bn by 2018.
* The deployment of 4G TD-LTE mobile broadband networks is well underway. Added to the ongoing rollout of 3G, there are considerable opportunities for operators to counter falling incomes from voice and messaging, although we caution that the premium non-voice services market is still in its infancy.
* Operators harbour large numbers of inactive subscriptions and, as these are gradually stripped away, so a healthier picture of mobile ARPU development will emerge. However, reduced 2G voice and 3G data tariffs are undermining progress in this area.
* 3G/4G subscriptions are forecast to grow from 66.1mn in 2013 to 99.2mn in 2014 before rising to 202.0mn in 2018.
* Wireline broadband is undermined by the high cost of services and devices as well as a lack of adequate infrastructure. The Bharat Broadband next-generation network project has made no progress in the last two years. We forecast total wireline and mobile broadband subscribers to rise to 30.4mn in 2014 and to...
The India Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of India's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's India Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in India.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Tanzania Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Germany Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- China Telecommunications Report Q1 2015