Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014: New research report available at Fast Market Research
New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Mon Oct 13 2014] Malaysia's telecommunications sector enjoys high levels of service penetration, due mainly to focused investment in advanced broadband infrastructure and supporting services and solutions. Wireless and wireline non-voice services account for an increasingly large proportion of operators' revenues, and this is encouraging them to reinvest heavily in next-generation infrastructure, including fibre-to-the-home and 4G LTE. However, an emphasis on broadband leads to falling demand for traditional v o ice telephone services has accelerated , while operator-provided mobile voice and messaging services have come under threat from network-agnostic over-the-top competitors. As BMI has already noted, this has hit operator financial performance.
Full Report Details at
* Operator and regulatory data showed that the mobile market expanded within BMI's expectations in 2013. By 2018, the weighted industry average blended mobile ARPU should reach MYR44.0 (USD13.71).
* Usage of wireless broadband services has been falling since Q412, most likely because customers are increasingly turning to HSPA-enabled smartphones rather than wireless modem-equipped mobile computers. This relates to increased HSPA coverage outside the principal cities, but also to the launch of 4G LTE services. Our broadband forecasts were amended accordingly, with slower growth for the short-to-medium term before accelerating markedly in the latter part of our 2013-2018 forecast period.
Key Trends & Developments
In March 2014, Telekom Malaysia (TM) acquired a 57% stake in WiMAX operator Packet One Networks (P1) for MYR350mn (USD106.4mn). The acquisition gives TM access to P1's LTE platforms and vastly increases its spectrum allocation. BMI believes access to key wireless broadband spectrum will further boost TM's ability to cater to the growing demand for data services as it continues to build out the country's high-speed broadband (HSBB) infrastructure.
In January 2014, mobile network...
The Malaysia Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Malaysia's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Malaysia Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Malaysia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2014