Just Published: "Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q2 2015"
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q2 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Wed Mar 04 2015] The Czech Republic telecoms market is one of the most advanced in Central and Eastern Europe, with high penetration of both voice and data services. However operators are now facing challenging conditions as price pressures threaten margins, due to market saturation; regulatory factors, such as cuts to mobile termination rates; and the impact of the eurozone crisis on macroeconomic performance acting as drags on performance. Furthermore, t he market is in a period of change with the arrival of MVNOs from 2012 and the regulator's efforts to attract a fourth operator into the market. These pro-competition measures should provide a boost to growth and innovation in a market that already contains a number of major international players including T-Mobile and Vodafone in mobile, and UPC in wireline. However, significant opportunities remain, not least in the booming wireless data market after LTE spectrum was auctioned in November 2013, and VAS opportunities arising from the rapid proliferation of smartphone ownership .
Full Report Details at
* Mobile subscription growth is decelerating after the boost in 2012 and H113 following the arrival of MVNOs. Total subscriptions increased 1.2% year-on-year (y-o-y) to 14.42mn in Q314, compared to 2.2% y-o-y growth to Q313.
* Mobile ARPU rates were down sharply in 2012 and 2013 due to MTR cuts and price competition, but operator data indicates a plateau in the rate of decline in 9M14.
* The broadband market was the fastest growth market in 2012 and 2013, with high speed cable and fibre subscriptions seeing the fastest up-take at the expense of DSL providers, but increasing saturation resulted in slower growth rates in 2014.
Key Trends And Developments
In January 2015 Telefónica O2 announced it was formally preparing to separate its infrastructure and services businesses, after completing a strategic review of its operations in 2014. The infrastructure business would sell access to its...
The Czech Republic Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Czech Republic's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Czech Republic Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Czech Republic.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q2 2015