Just Published: "Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q1 2015"
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Wed Jan 21 2015] 2015 seems poised to be a big year for the Caribbean, with a number of major developments that could transform the telecom industries in a number of markets. The CWC acquisition of Columbus International will have a far-reaching regional impact in the broadband internet and pay-TV markets, which remain underdeveloped and ripe for growth. New players are expected in the Bahamas and Trinidad & Tobago, and new regulators in Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Barbados and Haiti could lead to huge improvements in the business environment. Agreements between the US and Cuba have shocked the world. Cuba represents the most attractive market in the Caribbean in terms of total size and growth opportunities, however, we don't expect to see this play out. Nonetheless, there will be massive interest from lots of international players. We expect interest in the region really take off in 2015, with plenty of opportunities for interested players.
Full Report Details at
* Cayman Islands has the highest mobile penetration at over 160%, while Cuba's penetration rate remained below 20%.
* In Cuba, internet users reached 2.92mn users in 2013, representing around 26.1% of the population, according to the Oficina Nacional de Estadísticas (ONE).
* The Telecommunications Unit of Barbados released figures for the 2013 year, in the mobile sector, there have been instances of net declines in the market, particularly in 2013, with losses of over 40,000 subscriptions. At the end of 2013, there were 307,708 mobile subscribers, a penetration of 108%.
* CWC reported group revenues of USD1.873bn in the company's financial 2013/14 year ending March 2014. This was a contraction of 4% compared to USD1.942bn in FY12/13. The company's Fixed voice and Enterprise, data and other segments were the key drivers of this decline, falling by 10% and 14% respectively, year-on-year (y-o-y). Within the Caribbean unit, revenues decreased by 7%, from USD1.120bn to USD1.045bn at the end of 2013.
The Caribbean Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba, Haiti, Martinique, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Norway Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Romania Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Telecommunications Report Q1 2015