Finland Telecommunications Report Q3 2014 - New Market Study Published
Fast Market Research recommends "Finland Telecommunications Report Q3 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
[UKPRwire, Tue Aug 05 2014] The maturity of the Finnish telecommunications market means there are scant opportunities for new and long-term investors. The wireline market continues to decline owing to mobile substitution and the mobile business is itself under threat from IP substitution. The broadband sector continues to grow, albeit mostly on the back of heightened demand for multi-service products and 'everything everywhere' access. Thus, investment will be focused on high-bandwidth infrastructure such as fibre and LTE, but this is a capital-intensive business despite the improved margins afforded by LTE at 800MHz. Newcomer Ukko Mobile sees an opportunity in the LTE 450MHz market, but it will need to rely on innovative service bouquets if it is to stand out from the crowd. Content, data and provisioning models will therefore be central to developments over the next five years.
* No new data were forthcoming from the regulator and operator Q114 results were in line with expectations. Therefore, we have not needed to revise our five-year forecasts for Finland's wireline/broadband and mobile markets in this update.
* The mobile market is forecast to see subscriptions grow from 9.759mn in 2013 to 9.987mn in 2018, with numbers of 3G/4G subscriptions rising from 6.622mn to 8.249mn. This takes into account the phased rollout of 800MHz LTE services over this time.
* The wireline voice telephony market will continue to shrink, from 750,000 subscriptions to 510,000 by 2018. However, the fragmented nature of the market and a continued reliance on cable and xDSL in more isolated areas means that the rate of decline will slow over time. The number of broadband connections - including mobile - will reach 5.457mn by 2018.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends & Developments
In May 2014, Ukkoverkot acquired the 450MHz mobile broadband concession from Datame. The following month, it commissioned Omnitele to replace the existing CDMA/WiMAX platform with LTE technology. On commercialisation later...
The Finland Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Finland's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Finland Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Finland.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- China Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Croatia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Report Q3 2014