Ecuador: LTE Rollouts Planned for 2015, 3G Adoption Still Ramping Up - New Report Available
Recently published research from Pyramid Research, "Ecuador: LTE Rollouts Planned for 2015, 3G Adoption Still Ramping Up", is now available at Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Thu Jan 08 2015] 'Ecuador: LTE Rollouts Planned for 2015, 3G Adoption Still Ramping Up,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Ecuador's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Ecuadorian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
Full Report Details at
* Ecuador's telecom services market recorded total revenue of $3.1bn in 2013, representing 3.3% of the country's GDP and positioning as the eighth largest in Latin America.
* Fixed broadband penetration remains low when compared with that of other major markets in the region. We expect broadband lines to increase at a CAGR of 12.9% between 2014-2019 to reach 2.7m lines by 2019, for a population penetration of 16.4%.
* Adoption of LTE has been slow so far and we anticipate that less than 1% of the country's mobile subscriptions will be connected to LTE networks at year-end 2014. We expect Claro and Movistar to commercially rollout LTE services in 2015.
* The pay-TV market in Ecuador will generate $230m in service revenue in 2014, up from $175m in 2013. Pay-TV subscriptions will reach 1.3m at year-end 2014, translating into a household penetration of 40.6%, below the region's average of 45.7%.
"Ecuador: LTE Rollouts Planned for 2015, 3G Adoption Still Ramping Up" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Ecuador today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Ecuador's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Ecuador in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
* Economic, demographic and political context in Ecuador.
* The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
* A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
* The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- LTE Business Models - Best Practices in Network Deployment, Positioning and Service Pricing
- Mobile Broadband in Africa and the Middle East: LTE Profit Drivers and Outlook
- Latin America - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband Forecasts
- The Definitive Guide to 4G Technology and LTE Business Intelligence
- Brazil - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts