Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q1 2015: New research report available at Fast Market Research
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Sun Dec 14 2014] There remains some growth potential Bahrain's mobile market, but the key opportunities in the country's telecoms market now lie in the advanced mobile and wireline data markets. This is supported by strong consumer appetite for data services as well as operators' heavy investments in 4G LTE and 100Mbps fibre networks. As well as encouraging continued take-up of 3G and 4G, telecoms operators are also increasing their focus on improving subscriber mixes and bolstering their converged and value-added services portfolios in order to offset declining voice revenues and the impact of market saturation. We have a positive growth outlook for these segments, supported by healthy GDP and private consumption growth forecasts to 2018. However we note that strong competition in the mobile and wireline sectors will continue to weigh on the pace of revenue growth.
Full Report Details at
* Bahrain's mobile market expanded by 1.7% in Q114, bringing the total number of subscriptions down to 2.25mn and a penetration rate of 167%.
* Regulatory data showed continued take-up of mobile data services in Q114, with the number of 3G and 4G subscriptions surpassing 1.5mn by March 2014.
* The fixed-line market managed to fend off fixed-to-mobile substitution, at least temporarily, with net additions of 2,000 during Q114.
Bahrain's Risk/Reward score dropped very slightly to 51.3 this quarter, allowing it to stay ahead of Oman in sixth place on BMI's Telecoms Risk/Reward Index. Bahrain's lowest score is in the industry rewards category, which reflects the high level of mobile penetration and the country's small population, which limit growth opportunities. Bahrain's highest score is in the country rewards category, as the country benefits from a high GDP per capita and a small land size, both important factors in reducing the challenge of achieving universal access to telecoms services.
Key Trends And Developments
As anticipated, the...
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Belgium Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q1 2015