Australia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014 - New Study Released
New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Thu Nov 06 2014] The Australian telecommunications industry is one of the highest value markets in the Asia Pacific region and even the world, as a result of high incomes and strong uptake of higher value services such as broadband and smartphone handsets. However, growth opportunities will be severely limited in the years ahead due to the highly saturated nature of the market. We believe that 4G offerings will take centre stage, given the proliferation of smart devices and growth in demand for high-speed data services , and should provide a boost to the near-term ARPU of mobile operators.
* By June 2014, mobile subscriptions had reached 30.63mn, representing a penetration rate of 129.6%. Telstra continues to gain significant net additions at the expense of Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA).
* The auction of 700MHz digital dividend spectrum in May 2013 has encouraged the spread of LTE and value-added services; however, we expect strong competition and a deteriorating economy to apply downward pressure on ARPUs.
* We forecast Australia's broadband industry to receive a boost in the latter part of our forecast period when the National Broadband Network (NBN) and LTE services are widely available. The coalition's alternative NBN plan announced in April 2013 may bring this boost forward as it aims for a faster roll-out.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends And Developments
The controversial AUD37.4bn (USD34.7bn) NBN project was thrown into disarray in September 2013, when the entire board of the state-owned NBN Company reportedly offered to resign, in response to a proposal by the new Minister of Communications, Malcolm Turnbull, to replace the previously-planned fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) technology with fibre-to-the-node (FTTN).
Turnbull belongs to the Liberal-National Coalition (LNC), which has opted for an alternative NBN to that favoured by the previous government of the Australian Labor Party (ALP). While the ALP proposed covering 93% of Australian...
The Australia Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Australia's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Australia Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Australia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Ukraine Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- South Korea Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q4 2014