"Saudi Arabia Petrochemicals Report Q1 2015" now available at Fast Market Research
New Energy research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Wed Jan 07 2015] The Saudi petrochemicals industry is pressing ahead with expansion, but there are signs that investors are re-examining expansion plans in the light of slowdown in China and India and the massive increase in shale-based production in the US, according to BMI's latest Saudi Arabia Petrochemical Report.
A number of shut-downs were reported in Q314 which reduced Saudi Arabia's total output and helped tighten markets at a time when they faced increased uncertainty. Tasnee & Sahara Olefins (TSOC) shut down its ethylene and propylene production plant in Al Jubail industrial city, Saudi Arabia, throughout September due to planned maintenance work. The plant produces 1mn tpa of ethylene and has propylene production capacity of about 285,000tpa. Production losses due to closure were estimated at about USD1mn for Sahara. The plant is owned and operated by Saudi Ethylene & Polyethylene (SEPC). Sahara Petrochemicals owns interests in both TSOC (32.55%) and SEPC (24.41%).
Full Report Details at
Sahara Petrochemical Company's suspension of PP production at its subsidiary Al Waha Petrochemicals led to costs of around SAR9mn (USD2.4mn). Sahara stated that its PP unit was shut down owing to technical reasons. Meanwhile, in September, Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) shut its butanediol production at its International Diol plant for one month for maintenance works. Sipchem estimated the shutdown would lead to losses worth SAR8mn (USD2.1mn).
* Saudi Arabia's Advanced Petrochemical Company (APC) will raise the production capacity of its polypropylene plant in Jubail to more than 500,000tpa, from the current 450,000tpa, by mid-2105.
* By 2019, BMI forecasts ethylene and propylene capacities will rise to 19.5mntpa and 7.0mntpa respectively, with Saudi Kayan's commercial operations set to contribute the bulk of the increase. Total PE capacity will rise to 10.23mntpa by 2019, polypropylene (PP) will increase to 5.6mntpa, PS will reach 375,000tpa and polyvinyl...
The Saudi Arabia Petrochemicals Report has been researched at source, and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for key petrochemicals sub-sectors. The report also analyses the impact of regulatory changes, recent developments and the background macroeconomic outlook and features competitive landscapes comparing companies by products and services, sales, market share, investments, projects, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Saudi Arabia Petrochemicals Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Saudi petrochemicals industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent petrochemicals industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Saudi petrochemicals market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Israel Petrochemicals Report Q1 2015
- Iran Petrochemicals Report Q1 2015
- Kuwait Petrochemicals Report Q1 2015
- Czech Republic Petrochemicals Report Q1 2015
- Romania Petrochemicals Report Q1 2015