New Market Research Report: Belgium Petrochemicals Report 2015
New Energy research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Mon Jan 12 2015] The Belgian petrochemicals industry is attracting investment due to its strong infrastructural advantages, but could still feel the effects of a downturn in the eurozone that would threaten profit margins, according to BMI's latest Belgium Petrochemicals Report.
Belgium hosts leading petrochemicals companies with a strong and well integrated value chain. Antwerp's status in terms of both high-quality and cost-effective production, as well as extensive access to markets and its infrastructure are appealing to petrochemicals players as is its open economy with foreign trade representing more than 80% of GDP.
However, a lack of domestic markets for Belgian petrochemicals output exposes it to strong external risk. Belgium is specialised in only a few segments and risks being outflanked by high volume producers in the Middle East, which have indigenous hydrocarbons resources. There is also limited growth potential in a mature market.
Full Report Details at
Nevertheless, Belgium is seeing an increase in investment activity in the petrochemicals sector, with a focus on product diversification and technological sophistication. Supporting that growth is INEOS's new ethylene terminal in Antwerp which provides 1mntpa of competitively priced ethylene feedstock from the Middle East and is regarded as a good alternative to a world-scale cracker facility.
* In 2014, Belgium had ethylene capacity of 2.54mntpa with intermediate and aromatics capacities of 870,000tpa benzene, 890,000tpa ethylbenzene, 1.94mntpa ethylene dichloride (EDC), 810,000tpa vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) and 600,000tpa xylenes. In terms of polymers, Belgium has capacities of 1.64mn tpa high density polyethylene (HDPE), 930,000tpa low density polyethylene (LDPE), 2.1mn tpa polypropylene (PP), 475,000tpa polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and 645,000tpa polystyrene (PS).
* There is a danger that JBF Industries' new 432,000tpa bottle-grade polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plant at Geel will exacerbate a situation of over-capacity, leading to...
The Belgium Petrochemicals Report has been researched at source, and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for key petrochemicals sub-sectors. The report also analyses the impact of regulatory changes, recent developments and the background macroeconomic outlook and features competitive landscapes comparing companies by products and services, sales, market share, investments, projects, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Belgium Petrochemicals Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Belgian petrochemicals industry.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Petrochemicals Report 2015
- Iran Petrochemicals Report Q1 2015
- Israel Petrochemicals Report Q1 2015
- Kuwait Petrochemicals Report Q1 2015
- Argentina Petrochemicals Report 2015