New Market Report: Cambodia Power Report Q1 2014
New Energy market report from Business Monitor International: "Cambodia Power Report Q1 2014"
[UKPRwire, Tue Jan 07 2014] The major players in Asian power supply are clamouring to invest in Cambodia, with the result that huge capacity expansion can be expected from around 2015, as hydro-, gas- and coal-based schemes are introduced. This should leave the country with plentiful spare generation. Neighbouring Vietnam, which will finance a number of power projects, plans to make good use of Cambodia's potential export capability, as does Thailand if a major coal-fired scheme comes to fruition.
Hydropower expansion is already under way in Cambodia, and there is a long queue of potential projects with strong regional backing. Several are set to proceed, with a surge in hydro-based supply due from around 2016. Domestic gas resources could contribute additional capacity, while the use of renewables is set to rise rapidly from a low base. New coal-fired stations are also in the planning stage, with Cambodia open to the long-term possibility of nuclear energy.
Full Report Details at
Key trends and developments in the Cambodian electricity market:
* During the period 2013-2022, Cambodia's overall power generation is expected to increase by an annual average of 18.5%, reaching 11.1 terawatt hours (TWh). Driving this growth is a new gas-fired scheme that is in the pipeline and should enter service during the forecast period, as well as a massive hydropower expansion programme that includes several dams with capacities exceeding 100 megawatt (MW).
* Following real GDP growth of 7.3% in 2012, BMI forecasts average annual growth of 6.7% between 2013 and 2022. The population is expected to rise from 15.1mn in 2013 to 17.4mn by end-2022, with net power consumption forecast to increase from 2.8TWh in 2013 to 8.5TWh in 2022. During the period 2013-2022, the average annual growth rate for electricity demand is forecast at 13.1%.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Russia Power Report Q1 2014
- Turkey Power Report Q1 2014
- Pakistan Power Report Q1 2014
- Kenya Power Report Q1 2014
- Brazil Power Report Q1 2014