The Models Direct Guide to Beating the Winter Blues
The winter months are definitely hanging around this year. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though, and spring is just around the corner. In the meanwhile, read on for Models Directís top tips for fighting the remainder of the winter blues.
[UKPRwire, Wed Mar 03 2010] The winter months are definitely hanging around this year. Itís hard to remember a warm, sunny day and the snow just refuses to stop falling! The grey and dreary days take their toll on everyone in varying degrees, from just feeling a bit fed up to diagnosed Seasonal Affective Disorder. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though, and spring is just around the corner. In the meanwhile, read on for Models Directís top tips for fighting the remainder of the winter blues.
1. Exercise. You may not feel like dragging yourself off the cosy sofa to go to the gym, but exercise will definitely help to improve your mood. It doesnít have to be anything strenuous Ė simply wrapping up warm and going for a brisk walk will help lift your spirits.
2. Get some sun. Taking a walk will also enable you to get some much-needed sunlight. The dark mornings and evenings of winter are a major contributor to Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), with the lack of light causing depressive moods.
3. Stay sociable. Models Direct know itís all to tempting to hide away in your nice warm house over the winter but this will no doubt just make you feel more miserable. If you donít fancy braving the weather for a night out, why not invite some friends over to watch some comedy films. Laughing will not only automatically make you feel more cheerful, itís also good for your health!
4. Eat healthily. You might find yourself craving more carbohydrates and fatty foods over the winter months but try to avoid eating too much of these food groups as they will zap your energy. Instead choose complex carbohydrates, fruits, vegetables and water, which will release energy more slowly and maintain your blood sugar levels.
5. Take up a new hobby. Distract yourself from the long winter by setting yourself a project or starting a new hobby. Whether you decide to knit yourself a scarf or start rock climbing, it will give you something to do and provide something to focus on until the summer gets here.
Finally, if you are concerned about either Seasonal Affective Disorder or depression, Models Direct strongly suggests that you talk to someone about it, whether itís a friend, a relative or if necessary, a professional counsellor or doctor.
About Models Direct
Models Direct (http://www.modelsdirect.com) is a talent and model agency for female models, male models, teen models, child models and baby models for advertising, fashion, film, TV, promotional and photographic modelling work. We are a Government-regulated Model Employment Agency... not an online showcase, we're the real thing!
If you think you, or perhaps your partner, child, baby or pet, might be a suitable model for us to put forward for selection to appear in films, TV, fashion, promotions, advertisements and photographic modelling, please visit the website (http://www.modelsdirect.com/become-a-model) or call us on +44 (0)871 224 6000. Modelling can be great fun & often rewarding as a part time hobby.