Models Direct’s Guide for Men: How to Dress When You’re Over 50
The more mature men among you may feel slightly neglected when it comes to fashion advice. There is plenty of advice for women on how to continue looking stylish in their fifties and beyond. Here, Models Direct offers some fashion advice for mature males.
[UKPRwire, Mon Jun 07 2010] The more mature men among you may feel slightly neglected when it comes to fashion advice. There is plenty of advice for women on how to continue looking stylish in their fifties and beyond. Here, Models Direct offers some fashion advice for mature males.
- First of all, men have a habit of continuing to dress in the style they did at the age they felt most comfortable or successful, but generally this isn’t a good sartorial idea. For example, unless you’re very lucky, 70s high-waisted, flared trousers aren’t going to equal a good look!
- What’s your clothing age? When considering ‘age appropriate’ clothing, don’t just go by the year you were born, as some people age quicker than others. I’m sure we’ve all known at least one of those ‘twenty-going-on-fifty’ guys!
- Take a good long look in the mirror and be honest about what you have to work with, including your body shape. It doesn’t matter if you’ve slimmed down or put on weight, ultimately style is improved by dressing for the shape you’re in.
- When looking for clothes, keep a modern attitude and an open mind when considering what to try. Don’t be afraid to experiment with trends you wouldn’t normally consider, even if it is just in the changing room. You might be pleasantly surprised.
- Invest in fewer garments in better quality fabric and cuts in tailored and classic styles. If you can’t afford or don’t want to buy designer clothes then you can take inspiration from the designs and find cheaper imitations on the high street. By going for classic styles, even with casual wear, you will look timeless rather than that you’re trying too hard to be young and ‘trendy’.
- Don’t forget that accessories are important. You can make a statement with a stylish pair of glasses, a watch or even just a great haircut. Shoes are also important and spending a bit of extra money on a decent pair can be a good investment. If you take care of them they will serve you well for a long time.
- Jeans are a good staple piece for any wardrobe and you don’t need to get rid of them yet! Obviously it’s important that you find a style which suits your age. Models Direct recommends you steer clear of jeans that are too baggy, too skinny or pairs covered in logos in favour of a narrow-legged pair that fit well.
- Taking care of your appearance is just as important as clothes for looking stylish. Keeping yourself in shape will make dressing easier and more pleasurable, not to mention helping to make you look younger and the obvious health benefits! Having a good grooming routine will also help to refine your look and keep you looking more youthful.
About Models Direct
Models Direct (http://www.modelsdirect.com) is a talent and model agency for female models, male models, teen models, child models and baby models for advertising, fashion, film, TV, promotional and photographic modelling work. We are a Government-regulated Model Employment Agency... not an online showcase, we're the real thing!
If you think you, or perhaps your partner, child, baby or pet, might be a suitable model for us to put forward for selection to appear in films, TV, fashion, promotions, advertisements and photographic modelling, please visit the website (http://www.modelsdirect.com/become-a-model) or call us on +44 (0)871 224 6000. Modelling can be great fun & often rewarding as a part time hobby.
You can also find out more by visiting the blog (http://modelsdirect.wordpress.com) or by following Models Direct on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/models_direct).