Top Tips to Make the Most of Your Banking CV This January
As the New Year comes into sight, eFinancialCareers, the UK’s leading job board for financial professionals, and CV specialists The Fuller CV offer the following top five tips to bankers hoping to secure a new job in the New Year:
[UKPRwire, Thu Dec 18 2008] As the New Year comes into sight, eFinancialCareers, the UK’s leading job board for financial professionals, and CV specialists The Fuller CV offer the following top five tips to bankers hoping to secure a new job in the New Year:
1. Remember the 20 second rule: in a time where there are many applications for each role, your reader will lose interest quickly if you do not ‘grab’ them instantly;
2. Hiring managers do not like lists of superlatives, be specific not generic about what you can offer;
3. Do not simply list job responsibilities - quantify results, successes and outputs; investment banks want to see what you can do based on results delivered;
4. List dates (month and year) of employment; vetting and security checks for financial services will require this level of information;
5. Be wary of overdoing status titles – there are many AVPs and VPs in some banking organisations. Remember this is about what you bring, not what you are titled.
More in depth assistance on how to maximize your CV can be found at eFinancialCareers’ Career First Aid Kit (www.efinancialcareers.co.uk/firstaidkit) which now includes insights into which firms and desks are likely to be on the lookout for talent, as well as advice on how to network, how to survive the purge, coping with job loss, your rights if you are made redundant, and much more.
For further help with writing their CV, financial professionals who log on to www.eFinancialCareers.co.uk can also benefit from a free 15 minute advice session from a specialist The Fuller CV consultant by simply signing up through the First Aid Kit links.
eFinancialCareers chose to partner with The Fuller CV because of their experienced team of consultants in the Banking and Finance sector. The company offers a range of career services such as Professional CV writing, Cover Letter writing, Application Form help as well as more tailored career consultations.
-- Ends --
eFinancialCareers, a Dice Holdings, Inc. company, is the leading global career site network for professionals working in the investment banking, asset management and securities industries. The website provides financial services professionals with job opportunities, job market news and analysis, salary surveys and career advice. Recruiters and employers can post jobs targeting specific sectors within the financial services industry, both buy-side and sell-side, and can search the resume database for highly qualified and specialized professionals. eFinancialCareers has a network of co-branded career sites with industry-leading trade publications and offers local websites in 18 markets and five languages primarily across North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. www.eFinancialCareers.co.uk
Further press information
Please contact Christian Pickel or Brooke Paul (gth media) on 020 7153 8036/8035 for further details.