Cisco, Ericsson and Giunti Labs reveal developments in mobile and location based learning
Giunti Labs, Europe’s leading e-learning and mobile learning content management solutions (LCMS) vendor, is collaborating globally with the world-leading technology companies Cisco and Ericsson, on Location Based Mobile Learning.
[UKPRwire, Thu Nov 22 2007] Giunti Labs, Europe’s leading e-learning and mobile learning content management solutions (LCMS) vendor, is collaborating globally with the world-leading technology companies Cisco and Ericsson, on Location Based Mobile Learning.
The three organisations will announce the first results of this collaboration in a dedicated workshop in Berlin during Online Educa Berlin, Europe’s largest educational technologies event. The workshop, attendance at which is by invitation only, takes place on 28th November at Europe’s premier learning technologies event, Online Educa Berlin 2007.
According to Fabrizio Cardinali, CEO of Giunti Labs and co-chair of the European Learning Industry Group (ELIG), the workshop will reveal how to add mobile and location based learning content management to your streamline e-learning platform and infrastructure. It will include real life models, solutions and case studies.
The workshop will present the main challenges and achievements that Giunti Labs has faced in addressing ‘new generation’ mobile and location based learning requirements within a number of global organisations in the academic, corporate and industrial sectors. Presentations will include scenarios based on innovative e-learning and mobile learning content management solutions, along with new mobile learning solutions developed by Giunti Labs in collaboration with leading technology partners, such as Cisco and Ericsson.
In particular, the workshop will:
• Examine new needs, threats, challenges and opportunities for greater personalisation of learning, adding just-in-time learning to today's educational and training scenarios.
• Illustrate innovative business, publishing and pedagogical models for mobile learning, such as Narrowcasting, SMS Learning, Geo Learning and Ambient Learning.
• Provide a hands-on demonstration on how to create, manage and deliver multi-channel learning content on new generation mobile smartphones, mailers, wearable computers and GPS navigators.
• Reveal architectural details of how to integrate mobile learning content management solutions with streamlined VLE and LMS solutions, using standards based tracking protocols and web services.
• Share examples of mobile and virtual learning pilots implemented within the Serious Games Institute of Coventry University and the Millennium Village in Rwanda and in Ericsson Corporation
• Outline real life international user cases and scenarios, presented by leading mobile operators and infrastructure providers such as T-Systems and Ericsson.
The workshop runs from 3pm to 6.30 pm on 28th November and is being held at the Hotel InterContinental, Berlin
Notes for Editors
About Giunti Labs
Giunti is unique in the international publishing industry.
In 1497, Giunti publishers and typographers in Florence, together with others in Venice, began modern book manufacturing. Over the years Giunti has built a ‘historical catalogue’ of huge dimensions, through a gradual process of ‘fusion’ of different publishers, but also through the creation of new brands, including Giunti Labs. Giunti Editore now includes 20 companies in the publishing sector.
Giunti Labs, which has its global headquarters in Italy and offices in London (UK), Frankfurt (Germany), Lund (Sweden) and in Boston (US), provides a wide range of services, in response to any content, learning and knowledge management need, covering:
• Content production
• Research and development
• Technological solutions for content, learning & knowledge management
• Architectural and technological solutions for mobile & wireless
• Training and consulting
Giunti Labs provides the learn eXact® suite, Europe's leading e-learning and mobile learning content management technology. This suite is interoperable with all major vendor-driven and open source LMS and VLE solutions in the market including Plateau, Oracle, SumTotal, Saba, WebCT, Blackboard, Sakai, LRN and Moodle.
Moreover, Giunti Labs does not just adhere to the international standards relating to the LMS/LCMS world, it is one of the organisations that helps to determine and drive these standards: co-writing and developing them. Giunti Labs plays a key role in most of the international institutions for the definition of eLearning specifications (IEEE LTSC, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC36, CEN/ISSS WSLT, AICC, IMS, ADL-SCORM and OKI).
About Giunti Labs’ learn eXact® suite
Giunti Labs’ learn eXact is an e-learning and mobile learning content management system (LCMS) that enables users to create, manage and deliver content based on learning objects, XML, standards and international specifications. It delivers learning content to location-based mobile devices, interactive TV and wearable computer devices. Now the solution with its new eXact VLW plug in also delivers standard learning contents into 3D Virtual Worlds.
Further information from:
Angus Turpin, Giunti Labs, +44 (0)20 8819 2653
Minna Leikas, Giunti Labs, +39 3489 399127
Bob Little, Bob Little Press & PR, +44 (0)1727 860405