"United Kingdom Information Technology Report Q4 2014" is now available at Fast Market Research
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "United Kingdom Information Technology Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Fri Nov 21 2014] We have a positive medium term outlook against other developed markets, as t he UK government has sought in recent years to strengthen the UK's position as a hub for innovation, which has begun to yield some results in areas such as the app economy and there are promising signs for growth of emerging technologies such as datacentres and cloud services and Big Data that are subject to government support. However , we continue to point to significant downside, as spending is squeezed by fiscal austerity measures, fragile business and consumer confidence and a decline in desktop and notebook shipments. Furthermore, the failure of high profile public IT projects in recent years has heightened public scepticism about further projects and resulted in much tighter scrutiny of spending. The result of these trends is a forecast for UK IT spending to increase 3. 4 %, to GBP 57.8 bn in 2014.
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections:
* Computer Hardware Sales: GBP19.9bn in 2013 to GBP20.4bn in 2014, +2.7% in local currency terms. A boom in tablet sales has offset the decline in purchases of desktop and notebooks but with the tablet market heading towards saturation growth will decelerate from 2014.
* Software Sales : GBP12.4bn in 2013 to GBP12.9bn in 2014, +3.5% in local currency terms. OS upgrades with the withdrawal of Microsoft support for XP in April 2014 has boosted demand, but there is faster growth in areas such as security solutions and big data analytics.
* IT Services Sales: GBP23.5bn in 2013 to GBP24.5bn in 2014, +4.3% in local currency terms. The high level of IT services adoption among public institutions means growth will increasingly be driven by the enterprise sector in the UK.
Key Trends And Developments
One feature of the UK market that differentiates it from other large European markets such as France and Germany is the larger size of its outsourcing market. The latest figures from research firm ISG show that UK business spent a...
The United Kingdom Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's United Kingdom Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in United Kingdom.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United States Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- United Arab Emirates Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Saudi Arabia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- France Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Romania Information Technology Report Q4 2014