"France Information Technology Report Q3 2014" Published
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "France Information Technology Report Q3 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Fri Aug 22 2014] we expect only modest medium term growth for the French IT market as a result of high penetration of products and solutions, a challenging economic environment and cuts to public spending. However, France will continue to be a leading global IT market for due to its scale and the fact it is home to leading IT services providers and a growing cybersecurity ecosystem. The hardware market is forecast to underperform software and services due to saturation of the consumer market, although vendors could benefit from demand for hybrid notebooks. Meanwhile, enterprise spending on cloud services including SaaS, IaaS and PaaS is expected to grow rapidly, driving continued investment in data centre facilities by leading global vendors, as well as local telecoms operators and cloud services providers.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: EUR17.6bn in 2013 to EUR17.9bn in 2014, then EUR19.4bn in 2018 with CAGR of 2.0% 2014-2018 in local currency terms. Growth in tablet volumes will continue in 2014, but desktop and notebook sales will remain under pressure.
* Software Sales: EUR11.9bn in 2013 to EUR12.4bn in 2014, then EUR14.4bn in 2018 with CAGR of 3.8% 2014-2018 in local currency terms. Demand for cybersecurity solutions stands out as a growth area as concerns about state surveillance are stoked by media reports.
* IT Services Sales: EUR22.3bn in 2013 to EUR23.2bn in 2014, then EUR27.5bn in 2018 with CAGR of 4.3% 2014-2018 in local currency terms. Cloud computing will be the key growth driver for IT services spending, with the regional growth trend boosted by the presence of national cloud computing providers.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends & Developments
There were several developments in the IT services market in H114 as vendors looked to strategic acquisitions. In April 2014 Steria rejected a takeover offer from its much larger rival Atos, before accepting a rival merger offer from its mid-market peer Sopra to create a EUR3.1bn...
The France Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's France Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in France.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Russia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Kuwait Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Romania Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Hong Kong Information Technology Report Q3 2014