Saudi Arabia Information Technology Report Q1 2015 - New Market Report
New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Wed Jan 21 2015] Sau di Arabia offers compelling growth opportunities for IT solution providers across multiple industry verticals owing to the kingdom's strong macro fundamentals and the government's economic diversification plan, which is driving growth and investment in the private sector. We believe that global IT firms with considerable local presence will benefit the most from this opportuni ty. A number of major IT firms have already taken steps in recent years to ramp up their operations in the country, usually through partnerships with local system integrators.
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer Hardware Sales: SAR10.3bn in 2014 to SAR10.3bn in 2015, +0.2% in local currency terms. Desktop and notebook demand expected to remain stable, but a slowdown in tablet demand will be a drag on overall hardware spending.
Software Sales: SAR4.1bn in 2014 to SAR4.5n in 2015, +8.2% in local currency terms. Enterprise software adoption will continue to deepen among SMEs, while SaaS and security software expected to outperform.
Full Report Details at
IT Services Sales: SAR5.6bn in 2014 to SAR6.1bn in 2015, +10.3% in local currency terms. Adoption of cloud computing services will be the fastest area of growth, but smart infrastructure deployment is also an emerging growth area.
Key Trends And Developments
* Indian IT services giants have made major strides in Saudi Arabia in recent years and continue to target the enterprise market opportunity. For instance, in September 2014 Wipro won a contract from the Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) to deliver two major SAP ERP applications projects that will improve SEC's service delivery to its 5mn customers. The projects are expected to be completed by mid-2015. Earlier in January, Wipro won a joint contract with Cisco to launch three smart hospitals in Saudi Arabia for Al Hammadi Hospitals. Meanwhile, Tech Mahindra established a JV with Midad Holding, a subsidiary of Al Fozan Group, in July 2014to complement Tech Mahindra's existing...
The Saudi Arabia Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Saudi Arabia Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Saudi Arabia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Kingdom Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Canada Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Information Technology Report Q1 2015