Report Published: "India Information Technology Report Q4 2013"
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "India Information Technology Report Q4 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Wed Oct 23 2013] India's IT market continues to have a bright outlook over the medium term, making it one of the leading emerging markets. We forecast Indian IT spending will increase 14.4% to INR1,077bn in 2013, with strong growth in hardware, software and services sales. Hardware is a particularly large opportunity, with regionally low PC penetration, declining device costs, rising incomes and government procurement initiatives combining to provide an engine for sales growth. However, it is IT services that will be the outperformer in terms of growth rates, as has been the case traditionally in India's IT market. Outsourcing firms are innovating and acquiring to expand product portfolios and generate non-linear growth, which should sustain the segment as a whole despite competition from other low-cost locations.
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: INR457.3bn in 2012 to INR526.7bn in 2013, +15.2% in local currency terms. The wider availability of low-cost tablets and laptops, rising incomes, increasing connectivity and government procurement for education are key drivers behind spending growth..
* Software Sales: INR106bn in 2012 to INR112bn in 2013, +5.7% in local currency terms. Solid but unspectacular uptake of Windows 8 and continued high prevalence of piracy mean growth is underperforming its potential.
* IT Services Sales: INR379bn in 2012 to INR438bn in 2013, +15.8% in local currency terms. Large projects are expected from the government, including its push to developing a private government cloud, as well as from other key verticals that are implementing cloud solutions. The outsourcing market will remain strong as vendors transition to non-linear growth strategies in the face of global competition.
India's score is 48.6 out of 100.0 and is now seventh in our latest Asia RRR table.
Key Trends And Developments
The tablet market in India is continuing rapid growth in 2013 after taking off in 2012. We believe there were sales of around 2mn tablets in 2012, a figure we expect to drive higher to 3mn in 2013. Sales moved higher in H212 with the success of local brands with seven-inch low-cost Google Android devices that has seen the likes of Datawind, MicroMax and Karbonn take market share from global leaders such as Apple and Samsung that have no mass-market devices for Indian level incomes. In 2013 a key trend is the ongoing procurement of tablets for education, most notably the Akash 2 produced by Datawind, which has pitched for a further distribution of 1mn tablets. However, global vendors are not far behind, with Taiwanese vendors Asus and Acer releasing low-cost models in India during 2013.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q4 2013
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q4 2013
- Sri Lanka Information Technology Report Q4 2013
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q4 2013
- Germany Information Technology Report Q4 2013