Public and Product Liability Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
New Insurance market report from Timetric: "Public and Product Liability Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
[UKPRwire, Mon Aug 11 2014] The public and product liability category grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% during the 2009-2013 review period, reaching GBP2.9 billion in 2013. This growth was triggered by an increase in the number of personal injury compensation claims and the rising costs of medical care and civil litigation. Public and product liability insurance premiums increased by 8.6% in 2012, further rising by 19.5% in 2013. The strengthening economy, an increase in the number of private-sector businesses and a pick-up in retail and manufacturers' product sales have all contributed to premium growth in the category.
* Premium growth was prompted by the rise in personal injury claims.
* Improving business confidence is expected to support SME demand for liability insurance.
* The Jackson reforms have changed the landscape for compensation claims.
* Commercial brokers are threatened by the growing online distribution channel.
* The category is expected to record a CAGR of 8.6% during the forecast 2014-2018 period.
Full Report Details at
* This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the public and product liability insurance market in the UK.
* It provides historical values for the UK public and products liability insurance market for the report's 2009-2013 review period and forecast figures for the 2014-2018 forecast period.
* It offers estimates of gross written premiums generated in the market.
* It provides an overview of claims, market dynamics and market drivers.
* It profiles top public and product liability insurers in the UK and outlines the key challenges faced in the market.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Gain an understanding of the UK public and product liability insurance market.
* Learn about the performance of market drivers and distribution channels.
* Understand the competitive landscape in terms of performance, profitability and product innovation.
* Find out more on key deals and recent developments in the market.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: ACE European Group Ltd, AIG Europe Ltd, Aviva Plc, Axa UK plc, Direct Line Insurance Group Plc, Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) Plc, QBE Insurance (Europe) Ltd, Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Plc, XL Group Plc, Zurich Insurance Plc
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Cyprus, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Latvia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017