Market Report, "Pass Mark for ICT - The UK schools ICT market forecast to 2017-18", published
New Software research report from Kable Market Intelligence is now available from Fast Market Research
[UKPRwire, Mon Dec 09 2013] Product Synopsis
This report tracks central government ICT decision maker trends. It is intended both for those currently working with public sector clients, and those considering this market for the first time.
Introduction and Landscape
Schools in the UK spent GBP1.36bn on ICT in 2012/13, and this will grow at a CAGR of just 0.4% over the next five years. For suppliers to "make the grade" in the largest market, England (GBP1.21bn in 2012/13), responding to a more complex landscape of stakeholders, with new requirements will be crucial. Key drivers in the schools market include a shake-up of capital funding, the changing role of the local authority, greater autonomy and new groupings. These are starting to impact procurement and technology trends, including schools switching to mobility computing, moving to cloud apps, adoption of aggregated procurement and managed services, and new procurement vehicles for broadband. Despite losing control of many schools in their areas, as a result of the expanding Academies and Free Schools programmes, local authorities will continue to play an important role in education. But with significant financial pressure on these organisations, managed IT services previously funded by capital-intensive BSF, or new services, must be self-funding - paid-for from schools' own revenue budgets. Kable cites Lambeth and Lancashire, while noting Staffordshire as an example of a new service. New groups of schools, multi-academy trusts - which control increasingly larger numbers of schools - are also becoming increasingly important in the market. With an explosion in both the number and size of these larger chains, many are looking to procure managed IT services - due to the economies of scale on offer given their size.
Full Report Details at
Key Features and Benefits
Kable covers the use of ICT in the public sector across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Key Market Issues
* Gain insight into the UK education marketplace.
* Gain insight into the UK schools market
* Gain insight into the ICT procurement routes used by schools and their ICT priorities
This report aims to help suppliers address this broad and diverse market by:
* Sizing and forecasting by vertical/geography/phase/governance.
* Identifying the various routes to market and which are expanding.
* Highlighting key technology trends within each vertical.
* Explaining the powers, resources, growth and impact of new models.
* Profiling new groups of schools, including expansion, strategies, segmentation by growth/coverage and characteristics.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Kable, Northgate, Capita, Microsoft, Google, Acer, HP, Samsung, RM, Bromcom Computers, Histon House, Novatia, Pearson, Tribal, Wauton Samuel, Civica, European Electronique, Easynet, Daisy Updata, Kcom, Virgin Media, BT, Redstone, Unisys, Syscap, Trapeze, John Lewis Partnership, Vodafone, TSL, Verso, the Observer, Nagivate Group.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- ICT investment trends in Western Europe - Understanding ICT spending to 2014
- Top ICT spenders in the US Retail Banking Industry - Estimated ICT budget breakdowns in 2013
- Top ICT spenders in the US Healthcare Sector - Estimated ICT budget breakdowns in 2013
- Top ICT spenders in UK Financial Markets - Estimated ICT budget breakdowns in 2013
- Top ICT spenders in the UK Retail Industry - Estimated ICT budget breakdowns in 2013