Market Report, "Computers and Peripherals in the United Kingdom", published
New Computer Technology market report from Euromonitor International: "Computers and Peripherals in the United Kingdom"
[UKPRwire, Mon Nov 10 2014] The very strong growth in the UK tablets and other portable computers category continued in 2014, albeit at a slower rate than earlier in the review period. It posted a double-digit retail volume increase for the fifth consecutive year. A series of new products was launched in 2013/14 with major retailers such as Tesco, Aldi and Argos all entering the category by offering tablets at a relatively low price in a bid to compete with established computer brands.
Apple Computer UK Ltd maintained a comfortable lead in computers and peripherals, where it posted a 22% volume share in 2013, and a 27% share in computers. This was largely achieved through sales of the iPad brand. Although the iPad’s volume share within tablets and other portable computers dropped by 19 percentage points from 2012 to 2013, there were several brands responsible for this, which meant that Apple’s overall position as the leading operator within computers was not put under threat.
Full Report Details at
The prospects for the computers and peripherals category is relatively poor with a retail volume CAGR decline of 1% and a value CAGR decline of 9% at constant 2013 prices. Only the tablets and other portable computers category is expected to register notable positive growth in the forecast period, with an anticipated retail volume CAGR of 7%. However, it is set to record a value CAGR decline of 5% at constant 2013 prices.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Computers and Peripherals industry in United Kingdom with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Computers and Peripherals industry in United Kingdom, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Computers and Peripherals in United Kingdom market research report includes:
* Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
* Detailed segmentation of international and local products
* Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
* Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
* Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
* What is the market size of Computers and Peripherals in United Kingdom?
* What are the major brands in United Kingdom?
* How did netbooks fare vs. traditional laptops?
* What is the forecasted growth for portable computers like Apple’s iPad?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Computer Hardware in the United Kingdom
- Consumer Electronics in the United Kingdom
- Medical Device Market in United Kingdom to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in United Kingdom to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Metalworking Machinery Market in United Kingdom to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts